|WoW Launcher Plus|
If you’re wanting to install and use this be warned there are a lot more rares around Azeroth than you realise. If your timing is good you can hit 4 or 5 rares per zone and as most zones are lowly populated and have around 10 rares it happens a lot. Another warning, after installing this file when you open the NPCScan UI you will get a few second of lag because of the length of the list. Your in game performance is unaffected though. If you don’t run NPC Scan already you can download that from Curse.com and I would also recommend getting WoW Launcher Plus, which isn’t an addon but a replacement for the standard Wow Launcher. You still get all teh relevant news but it comes with some nifty features including deleting the cache of rares that you have gathered since your last WoW session.
- Download NPCScan rares list (right click and save as)
- Save to your desktop
- Copy to: C:Program FilesWorld of WarcraftWTFAccountACCOUNTNAMESERVERNAMECHARACTERNAMESavedVariables
- Exit World of Warcraft.
- Delete the “Cache” sub-directory inside your World of Warcraft folder. e.g. “C:Program FilesWorld of WarcraftCache”.
- Start World of Warcraft!
- Your installation of World of Warcraft may be in a different location. If it is you will need to change “C:Program Files” in steps 3 and 5 to your installation location.
- In step 3, you will need to replace the words:
- ACCOUNTNAME with your account name;
- SERVERNAME with your server name;
- CHARACTERNAME with your character name;