- 3 Sra-thik Amber-Trappers;
- 3 Kor’thic Elite Blademasters;
- 3 Zar’thik Battle-Menders;
Dealing with the adds is the key to beating the boss and can be crowd controlled. Adds of each type have a shared health pool but when 3 adds of the same kind die, Mel’jarak gains a buff that increases his damage done and his damage taken.
Mobs and Abilities
- Whirling Blade: is a boomerang style attack he cast every 60 seconds. He throws his weapon at the location of a random raid member and it will damages to all players in it path, both on the way to the location, and on the way back to Mel’jarak.
- Rain of Blades: is a raid-wide damaging ability that Mel’jarak casts every 60 seconds. It deals Physical damage to all raid members every 0.50 seconds, for 6 seconds.
- Wind Bomb: after he reaches 75% health, he throws a bomb at the location of a raid member, which deals a high amount of damage to anyone within 5 yards of the location, 3 seconds later it arms and will explode if a raid member comes within 6 yards of it. It will deal a very high amount of raid-wide damage. The bombs are cast regularly, do not despawn until the end of the fight, progressively limiting the space that players have to move around.
- If all adds are alive, you can crowd-control a maximum of 4 adds.
- If 6 adds are alive, you can crowd-control a maximum of 2 adds.
- If 3 adds are alive, you cannot crowd-control any adds.
Sra-thik Amber-Trappers cast two abilities.
- Amber Prison: traps targeted players (and any other players within 2 yards) in amber. Players can free them simply by right-clicking it. The Amber-Trappers cast Amber Prison roughly every 35 seconds. Freeing a player from Amber Prisons causes a debuff which prevents them from freeing other players for 2 minutes.
- Corrosive Resin: is a debuff placed on a random raid member, can stack to 5 and deals a moderate amount of damage to that player every second. Moving causes the stacks to be removed but leaves a Corrosive Resin Pool.
- Mending: an interruptible heal that is cast on a random add, which heals them for 25% of their maximum health.
- Quickening: a dispellable stacking buff that is placed on all of the adds, increasing their damage done and attack speed by 25%
- Kor’thik Strike: All 3 Blademasters target the same random raid member, and attack simultaneously dealing a high amount of damage. This ability is cast every 40 seconds.
- The MT picks up the boss and one or two adds,
- The OT picks up the remaining adds.
- Circle the boss to minimise Whirling Blade damage & having multiple people caught in Amber Prison.
- Ensure players move from the landing location of Wind Bombs and that no one triggers them.
- Crowd-control as many of the adds as the limit allows.
- Handle the various add abilities
- Interrupt Mending.
- Dispel Quickening.
- Corrosive Resin victims should move and place the void zones so it does not inconvenience the raid.
- Free players from Amber Prison.
- Crowd-control 1 Amber-Trapper, 2 Battle-Menders, and 1 Blademaster.
- Tank all the mobs together for additional AoE damage from cleaves.
- Kill the Battle-Mender.
- Crowd-control 1 Amber-Trapper and 1 Blademaster.
- Kill the Blademasters.
- Kill the Amber-Trappers.
- High tank damage, and increasing damage on Mel’jarak’s tank, as the fight goes on (with 3 stacks of Recklessness, healers can expect hits of up to 170,000 on the tank);
- regular raid-wide damage from Rain of Blades;
- single-target damage on random raid members, when they are targeted by Whirling Blade;
- single-target damage on random raid members, when they are affected by the Corrosive Resin debuff;
- damage from the Blademasters’ Kor’thik Strike, depends on the number of Blademasters crowd-controlled.
- Healers can also expect to sometimes notice bursts in damage, if the mobs are buffed by Quickening.