The Backstory Shorts is a series of short posts about things I have experienced in Warcraft that don’t warrant a full post but are too numerous to make a compilation post on and something I started up in 2010 and then neglected. Way to go!!
Anyway this installment is inspired by a post on my realm website forum that I was reminded about after a recent MMO: Champion post included a blue post about how things have changed. I’m sure us old timers are just looking through rose tinted glasses at these times but memories are golden!
- LF1M UBRS – must be a key holder and you NEEDED a hunter in the group to kite Drakkisath;
- People didn’t whine when wiping in an instance AND you got respawns;
- Mining, one ore at a time – and then fighting over the node could be a multiple round encounter;
- Mages had to conjour water 4 at time and hand out to all the mana users in a 40 man raid;
- Warlocks needed to farm soul shards to create health stones;
- Paladin buffs were 5 minutes long;
- Shaman and paladins were faction specific;